Our training and learning focus
We are currently developing our training and learning events through the lens of the following recommendations:
Universal services (such as schools and mental health services) must recognise the role they play as adjacent parts of the wider scaffolding of care so they can support and nurture those with care experience. (The Promise, p.46)
Universities and colleges in Scotland must also act on their responsibilities towards care experienced students, ensuring they are provided with access to mentoring and support throughout their studies. (p.93)
Please get in touch if you want to discuss any ways in which we could work with your organisation to help.
Some examples of our recent work includes:
- Presentations on education and The Promise to social work teams and third sector organisations.
- Training on support for care experienced students at university/college – delivered to finance, wellbeing and student support teams.
- Consultation with Widening Participation teams about how to ensure care experienced pupils are included in targeting and messaging of outreach activities.
- Fostering collaboration within local third sector organisations by taking part in the Edinburgh Keeps the Promise group hosted by EVOC.
- Training delivered to SAAS staff in partnership with Who Cares? Scotland